Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pelosi Won't Answer Question on Her RC Beliefs; "I Do My Rel. in Church, Not at This Press Conf."

The Washington Times website reports that House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California -- a Roman Catholic (RC) -- refused today (June 7, 2012) to say whether she supported her church's teaching that contraception is immoral.

"I do my religion on Sundays, in church, and I try to go other days of the week; I don't do it at this press conference," an angry Pelosi responded curtly, after a reporter asked about her view of the Catholic Church's position on contraception.

Last February, Pelosi accused America's bishops of falsely using religious liberty arguments to impose their ideology on the country.

In February 2009, Pelosi visited Pope Benedict XVI at the Vatican. During their meeting, Pope Benedict urged Pelosi to end her support of abortion -- something she has failed to do to the present day.

No comments:

Post a Comment