Thursday, June 14, 2012

First-Edition Book of Mormon Stolen in AZ Found; Taken to Washington, DC, FBI Arrests Jay Linford

The Deseret News (Mormon) website reports today (June 14, 2012) that the rare first-edition copy of the Book of Mormon -- recently stolen from the Rare and Out of Print Books and Art in Mesa, Arizona -- has been found.

FBI and US Marshals recovered the book inside an apartment in Washington, DC, and arrested Jay Linford in connection with the crime, according to the Mesa police.

Eighty-eight-year-old Helen Schlie -- who reported the book stolen from her store on May 28 -- said she was happy it would be coming back and that the book's theft had captured a lot of people's interest.

Schlie said Linford was a friend of hers for the past six years. "I feel such a compassion for him. He's been such a help to me the past six years," she added.

1 comment:

  1. I believe the only one I want to see is The Book Of Mormon! I am waiting for his discount tickets for that one!I have been going to Broadway since I was 13. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete