Saturday, April 7, 2012

Cancer-Stricken Chavez Weeps in Pre-Easter Mass; Begs to Jesus: "Give Me Life, Do Not Take Me Yet"

The Washington Times website reports today (April 7, 2012) that Hugo Chavez -- the president of Venezuela -- wept and asked God to spare his life during a pre-Easter Mass, after he returned to Venezuela from his latest session of cancer treatment in Cuba.

In a televised speech to the Catholic service in his home state of Barinas on April 5, Chavez cried -- and his voice broke -- as he eulogized Jesus, revolutionary fighter Ernesto "Che" Guevara, and South American independence hero Simon Bolivar.

Chavez pleaded to Jesus: "Give me your crown, Jesus. Give me your cross, your thorns so that I may bleed. But give me life, because I have more to do for this country and these people."

He added, "Do not take me yet," while standing below an image of Jesus with the Crucifix.

No comments:

Post a Comment