Monday, December 12, 2011

Gingrich Takes His Fourth "No-Adultery Pledge;" Past Marriages Ended in Divorce Due to His Affairs

The Ticket website reports today (December 12, 2011) that Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich has signed a pledge to uphold conservative values of the Iowa-based group The Family Leader, and vowed to restrict federal dollars from paying for abortion overseas, uphold the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), and stay true to his wife, Callista.

"I also pledge to uphold the institution of marriage through personal fidelity to my spouse and respect for the material bonds of others," Gingrich wrote in a letter to The Family Leader.

Gingrich -- whose first two marriages ended in divorce because he was having love affairs -- said he has sought forgiveness for his mistakes. Last week, he made his fourth "no-adultery pledge."

"In my case, I said up front openly, I've made mistakes at times. I've had to go to God for forgiveness. I've had to seek reconciliation," Gingrich said.

No comments:

Post a Comment