Turkey's Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said tonight (December 10, 2016) that two blasts after an Istanbul soccer match killed 29 people and wounded 166 others, according to the Chicago Tribune website.
The twin Saturday night bombings inflicted high casualties among police, killing 27 officers, as well as two civilians.
In an address early Sunday, the minister said 10 people had been arrested in connection with the attacks.
Police cordoned off the area as smoke rose from behind the newly-built Vodafone Arena Stadium, known colloquially as Besiktas Stadium after the local team. Witnesses also heard gunfire after the explosions. The second blast was believed to be a car bomb.