Saturday, December 14, 2013

Huckabee to Let God Decide If He'll Run for Pres.; Says Non-Backers in 2008 Bid Favor Him for 2016

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee -- a Southern Baptist minister -- told a group of pastors he'd let the Lord decide if he should run for president in 2016. The 2008 Republican presidential candidate is also said to be praying about it, and has had several groups from Iowa and South Carolina come to meet him, the Christian Post website reports today (December 14, 2013).

"The first question he was asked was whether or not he was running for president and he said he'd let the Lord decide," ABC quoted Warren Watkins -- pastor of Westside Baptist Church -- as saying, of pastors' interaction with Huckabee at a meeting at the Convention Center in Little Rock, Ark., on December 12.

Speaking to CBN (Christian Broadcast Network) on "The Brody File" show, Huckabee said top evangelical and financial figures who did not back him in 2008 now want him to make another bid.

"I'm not even close to being ready to saying yeah I'm going to run, but I think that there's an openness now," Huckabee told CBN on the sidelines of the pastors' conference on December 12. "A lot of it has to do with the fact that I've had some incredible encouragement from people that I wasn't expecting to get it from. I think even from people who didn't support me before.... These are people who look me square in the eye and say it with conviction."

No comments:

Post a Comment