Monday, June 7, 2010

Romanian Patriarch's Brother to Convert to Catholicism; Patriarch Refused to Hire Nephews

The Nine O'Clock (Romanian) website reports today (June 7, 2010) that Gheorghe Ciobotea -- brother of Romanian Orthodox Patriarch Daniel -- intends to give up on Orthodoxy and embrace Catholicism instead, because of his brother's attitude.

"I'm fed up with the Orthodox moral taught by the man that used to be my brother. If this is the Orthodox teaching, then, I will give up on it," the Patriarch's brother said.

"Daniel is not my brother anymore. I asked him to save his nephews from shepherding and hire them in constructions at the monastery in our village. He wouldn't do it. I ask you, is this behavior worthy of a brother?" Gheorghe Ciobotea lamented.

In this scenario, I see the Patriarch's brother trying to pressure Patriarch Daniel into hiring his nephews to help build a Romanian monastery. The Patriarch's refusal to hire his nephews angered Gheorghe Ciobotea to such a degree that he decided to embarrass the Orthodox Patriarch by converting to Catholicism. Any other thoughts on this incredible story? Please feel free to leave a comment on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment