Saturday, December 27, 2014

Vandals Replace Jesus Statue with Pig's Head; Maim Nativity Display at Haverhill,MA Church

Vandals replaced a baby Jesus statue in a nativity scene display in front of a Haverhill, Massachusetts church with a bloody pig's head early Christmas morning, and police are investigating the heinous act as a hate crime, the Christian Post website reports today (December 27, 2014).

The statue was stolen from the Sacred Hearts Church in Haverhill. A neighborhood woman replaced the statue with one from her own display, making the Nativity display complete again.

"I can't change the world, but I can change my city," Brenda Burns, who donated the replacement baby Jesus statue, said. 

Parishioners of Sacred Hearts expressed disbelief that such an incident occurred. "I'm thoroughly appalled. I feel terrible about that. It's very, very sad. I can't believe anybody would do that," one parishioner said.

No comments:

Post a Comment