Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Methodist Minister Tells Parish She Is a Lesbian; Says She Loves,Shares Life with Another Woman

A United Methodist Church minister announced on Sunday, January 3, during her sermon that she is a lesbian, the Christian Headlines website reports today (January 12, 2016).

Rev. Cynthia Meyer, of the United Methodist Church in Edgerton, Kansas has been with the ministry for 25 years.

"The Lord has led me here to share my deep truth with you. I have been an ordained UMC pastor for 25 years. At last, I am choosing to serve in that role with full authenticity, as my genuine self, as a woman who loves and shares my life with another woman," Meyer told her congregation.

Meyer said for 20 years she had stayed single, but then fell in love with Mary. Under the United Methodist Church, "self-avowed practicing" gay people cannot be ordained or get married. Church leaders have not yet terminated her as a minister.

No comments:

Post a Comment