Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tymoshenko:No Crimea for Russia If I Were PM; She'd "Find a Way to Finish Off These Bastards"

Ukraine's former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko -- who served three years in jail for abuse of power before being released last month -- was plunged into fresh controversy today (March 25, 2014) after Russian television broadcast a tape where she is heard urging the "wiping out" of Russians over Moscow's seizure of Crimea, the Yahoo News website reports.

"One has to take up arms and go wipe out these damn 'katsaps' together with their leader," Tymoshenko -- perhaps best known for her neatly braided blonde hairdo --  said in Russian. The word "katsaps" is a derogatory Ukrainian term for Russians.

During the leaked phone call, Tymoshenko discusses Russia's seizure of Ukraine's peninsula of Crimea with Ukrainian MP (Member of Parliament) and former government official Nestor Shufrych. She told him if she were in power, Moscow would not be able to take the peninsula.

Tymoshenko said, "I am sorry that I am not able to be there and I am not in charge of these processes; they wouldn't have had a f.....g chance of getting Crimea off me. I would have found a way to finish off these bastards," the 53-year-old leader of the 2004 pro-democracy Orange revolution was heard saying.

She added, "I am hoping that I will use all my connections and will get the whole world to rise up so that not even scorched earth would be left of Russia."

No comments:

Post a Comment