Friday, August 15, 2014

Christian Rock Star Vicky Beeching Is a Lesbian; Now 35, Says She's Attracted to Females Since 12

Vicky Beeching, 35 -- one of the biggest names in Christian music in the United States and the United Kingdom -- revealed yesterday that she is a lesbian and proclaimed "I feel certain God loves me just the way I am," the Christian Post website reports today (August 15, 2014).

"It's taken all my courage, and all these years, for me to finally do this interview," she noted in a post on her Facebook page that includes a link to an interview published in "The Independent" yesterday.

"I am gay," Beeching revealed in the interview that has sparked an international discussion online. She said that she is attracted to females, and it has been that way since she was 12 years old.

"What Jesus taught was a radical message of welcome and inclusion and love. I feel certain God loves me just the way I am, and I have a huge sense of calling to communicate that to young people. When I think of myself at 13, sobbing into the carpet, I just want to help anyone in that situation to not have to go through what I did, to show that instead, you can be yourself -- a person of integrity," the rock star who is also a theologian and media commentator noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment