Monday, August 19, 2024

Talk Show Host Phil Donahue Dies at 88

 Talk show host Phil Donahue , a legend of daytime telecvision, has died at the age of 88, the USA Today website reports today (August 19, 2024). 


The Emmy Award winning journalist died yesterday (August 18) following a long illness , his family told NBC's "Today."


Marlo Thomas, his beloved wife of over 40 years, paid tribute to her late husband on Instagram today, sharing "one of her favorite photos" of her and Donahue, fearturing the two of them riding a moped while on vacation together many years ago. 


"I'm sure by now you've heard the very sad news that I lost my sweetheart last night, so I know you understand that I'll be stepping away from this page for a while to take care of myself and the many people who took care of Phil, and hold him close to their hearts," she wrote in the caption. 

No comments:

Post a Comment