Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Elderly Billerica,MA Woman Attacked at Grocery Parking Lot; He Told Her "Give Me Your Wallet" But Fled Due to Her Alarm

 It was a normal day at the grocery store for Ruth Miller, a 76-year-old woman from Billerica, Masss. . ...until everything went wrong , the Yahoo News website reports today (Sept. 12, 2023).


She had just left the store and was carrying her bags to her car when a man grabbed her and told her "Don't fight, give me your wallet,"  as he tried to wrestle her purse away.


"I remembered I had my Safe Personal Alarm in my purse, sso I quickly reached for the alarm and pulled the pin. My alarm started screaming. He froze for a second, then ran away like a bat out of hell. People heard the alarm and started yelling and running over to help."


In the month of September alone, police have reported a dramatic increase in attacks targeting seniors, with many suffering serious injuries and financial loss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment