Thursday, February 23, 2017

Pope: Better to Be Atheist Than Insincere Cath.; "It's a Scandal to Say One Thing and Do Another"

Saying mass yesterday, Pope Francis suggested that it was better to be an atheist than one of "many" Catholics who he said lead a hypocritical double life, the Catholic News website reports today (February 23, 2017).


In the sermon of his private morning mass in his residence, he said: "It is a scandal to say one thing and do another. That is a double life."


"There are those who say 'I am very Catholic. I always go to mass. I belong to this and that association,'" the head of the 1.2 billion-member Church said, according to a Vatican Radio transcript.


Francis added that some of these people should also say "my life is not Christian, I don't pay my employees proper salaries, I exploit people, I do dirty business, I launder money, [I lead] a double life."

No comments:

Post a Comment