Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Greensboro,NC Presb.Pastor Put on Paid Leave; Reggie Weaver Confesses to Extramarital Affair

After confessing to having an extramarital affair, Reggie Weaver -- the senior pastor of one of Greensboro, North Carolina's largest churches -- has been put on paid leave, the Charisma News website reports today (May 20, 2014).

Weaver -- widely considered a rising star in the Presbyterian denomination -- signed on as senior pastor nine months ago. Weaver and his wife, Ashley-Anne Masters, are getting divorced.

"I have violated my ordination vows and my wedding vows," Weaver, 33, wrote in a letter to his congregation at Westminster Presbyterian Church. "I am sorry and I ask your forgiveness."

One church member said reactions of worshipers were of sadness and forgiveness. Whether the denomination's forgiveness extends to reinstatement remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment