Saturday, January 22, 2011

US Rep. Cohen Apologizes for His Nazi Comments; Compared GOP Health Care Tactics to Nazi Tactics

The Christian Broadcast Network website reports today (January 22, 2011) that US Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.) has apologized for comparing Republican tactics against the health care law to tactics used by Nazis.

"The Germans said enough about the Jews and people believed it -- believed it and you had the Holocaust," Cohen said on the House floor on January 18.

He added, "We heard on this floor about government takeover of health care. There is no government takeover."

On January 20, Cohen apologized, saying, "I want to be clear that I never called Republicans Nazis. I regret that anyone in the Jewish community, my Republican colleagues, or anyone else was offended by the portrayal of my comments."

No comments:

Post a Comment