Sunday, January 2, 2011

Parent Sues Jesuit School for $40,000 Donation; Wants Money Back Since School Rejected His Son

Dr. Michael Bardwil donated $40,000 to his alma mater -- a Jesuit college preparatory school in Houston, Texas -- after a school administrator advised him it would guarantee his son's admission. So when his son was rejected at Strake Jesuit School in 2010, Bardwil was upset, the Huffington Post website reports today (January 2, 2011).

He asked for his money back. Bardwil said, "I told them if they didn't want my son that's fine, but I am going to rescind my donation. That's when they told me that they can't give me my money back."

Bardwil says the only option he has left is to sue the school. He is suing the school for the return of his $40,000, plus his attorney's fees.

Myra McGovern, a spokeswoman for the National Association of Independent Schools, said that some people "feel that making donations will better their chances for their children's admission, but admission to independent schools is not done that way."

No comments:

Post a Comment