Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Trump to Send Troops to US-Mexico Border; Troops to Guard Border Until a Wall Is Built

President Donald Trump told reporters at the White House today (April 3,2018) that he would dispatch U.S. troops to the U.S.-Mexico border, according to the AOL website.

"I told Mexico, and I respect what they did, I said, look, your laws are very powerful...  We have very bad laws for our border and we are going to be doing some things," Trump said.

"I spoke with Gen. Mattis, we're going to do some things militarily, until we can have a wall and proper security  -- we're going to be guarding our border with the military. That's a big step," he said.

"We will be doing things with Mexico, and they have to do it," Trump said. "Otherwise, I'm not going to do the NAFTA deal. " Trump plans to deploy National Guard troops to assist Border Patrol agents along the U.S.-Mexico border.

No comments:

Post a Comment