Sunday, March 23, 2014

Jimmy Carter Believes NSA Spying on His Emails; Types Letters to Nat. Leaders, Mails Them at P.O.

Former President Jimmy Carter believes the NSA (National Security Agency) is spying on his email, the Inquisitr website reports today (March 24, 2014).

Carter favors old-fashioned "snail mail" when communicating with foreign officials. This was explained during an interview with NBC's Andrea Mitchell during the TV program "Meet the Press."

He said: "The justification for surveillance has been extremely liberalized and, I think, abused by our own intelligence agencies. As a matter of fact, you know, I have felt that my own communications are probably monitored. And when I want to communicate with a foreign leader privately, I type or write the letter myself, put it in the post office, and mail it."

Andrea Mitchell said "old-fashioned snail mail," to which Carter responded, "Yeah. Because I believe if I send an email it will be monitored."

No comments:

Post a Comment