Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Trump: "I Believe in God. I Am a Christian;" Is Considering Running for US President in 2012

Donald Trump -- the Manhattan business billionaire -- told the Christian Broadcast Network (CBN) in an interview to be broadcast today (April 12, 2011) that he is considering running for US president as a Republican in 2012, and that he would announce his intent this June.

"I believe in God. I am a Christian. I think The Bible is THE book. It is the thing," Trump told CBN's David Brody.

"I'm a Protestant. I'm a Presbyterian. And you know I've had a good relationship with the church over the years. I think religion is a wonderful thing. I think my religion is a wonderful religion," Trump said.

In past TV appearances, Trump has taken conservative positions on social issues, stating that he is against gay marriage and civil unions, and is pro-life.

1 comment:

  1. I think Donald Trump, can be a good candidate for president. however, I would suggest that he would read the Bible through to become an effective leader,like the founding fathers e.g Washington, even Lincoln. these people are still the nost well loved president, especially Lincoln. Lincoln's wisdom came from reading the Bible. all presidents, should read the Book of Books!If they do, they will realize how God works like in the time of King David and the rest of the rulers in the old and new testament. I would love to hear these words reached Donald's ears!please let me know if it did!i love Trump!

    ReplyDelete