Saturday, February 27, 2010

In First Public Address Since His Dismissal Bishop Artemije Calls for Unity of Serbian Church

"I am willing to accept the decisions of the Synod of the Serbian Orthodox Church (SOC), although I do not agree with them," said Bishop Artemije yesterday (February 26, 2010) in his first public address since his dismissal from the administration of the diocese on February 13, according to the Raska-Prizren blogspot.

"What I maintain is the position that is most important to preserve the unity of the SOC. I have told the Synod that I can never accept nor can anyone force me to tear the chiton of the Church of Saint Sava; that is, to create a schism," said Bishop Artemije in Gracanica.

"I think that this problem that has emerged will be legitimately resolved at the meeting of the Assembly of Bishops; until then, things should be examined in peace, without commotion. Government bodies are also involved; let them examine all the facts, and then the Assembly will find the most suitable solution on the basis of its knowledge, the canons, and the Constitution of the SOC," concluded Bishop Artemije.

No comments:

Post a Comment